A rare and exquisite Danish Modern oval extending teak dining table by Arne Vodder for Sibast from the late 50's/ early 60's. The Model 227 dining table expands effortlessly from a 4 seater table to a comfortable 10 person dining table with space down the centre for serving. In the most compact form it is a 4 person rectangular table as the drop leaves can be removed. Add each of the semi circular hanging/ drop leaves to seat up to 6 with room too spare. In this configuration it is oval. Pull apart the ends to insert 2 more drop leaves in the middle and seat up to 12 comfortably! The centre drop leaves have skirting to give a finished look. The skirting is on piano hinges making them compact to store when not in use. The oval teak top features marvellous grain pattern and warm colour throughout the table. It is a truly exceptional example of Danish Modern design. Thick solid teak edging runs around the entire perimeter of the table and each of the leaves. The table is thin and this contributes to the table seeming more streamlined. The elegant, tapered, solid teak legs easily remove for moving and storage. Single owner for the last 50 years and stamped. A fabulous investment piece for your home or equally perfect as an expanding boardroom table.
Additional of note:
- Shown with our Mid-Century solid teak dining chairs by Johannes Andersen
28" no leaves
70" with 2 oval drop leaves
92" with 3 leaves
114" all 4 leaves
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The leaves are an excellent colour and grain match to the table top, indicating they have been used for most of the life of the table
- The entire table has been professionally restored but it retains the original finish.
At Vintage Home Boutique we understand that sometimes it's tough to visualize an item in your home. So we stand behind our items and offer returns within 7 days of purchase, with proof of purchase, on all full priced vintage furniture. Beyond 7 days from purchase, items will not be accepted for refunds under any conditions.
Discounted and sale items, accessories, furniture care and customized items are final sale and not refundable under any conditions.
- The items must be in the condition they left the shop and we will verify condition with the pictures we have.
- Vintage Home Boutique always reserves the right to decline a refund or charge a percentage of the total paid as an administrative fee.
We are often asked, do you deliver? The answer is YES! Delivery and shipping is available across Canada. We ship accessories across the country using Canada Post. For accessories, the cost will vary based on where you live and the weight of the shipment.
We have different furniture delivery options, depending on where you live and how much you can assist.
|Assisted Delivery Rate||Frequency|
|Toronto||$150||$80||Daily - 7 days a week|
|GTA||$250||$150||Daily - 7 days a week|
|Ottawa & Area||N/a||$300||Second Saturday of every month*|
|Kingston & Area||N/a||$270||Second Saturday of every month*|
|London & Area||N/a||$270||Third Saturday of every month*|
|Windsor & Area||N/a||$300||Third Saturday of every month*|
- The GTA is defined the area outside of the city of Toronto, west to Hamilton. East to Oshawa. North to Barrie.
- Full service delivery is:
- 2 movers
- Your items are blanket wrapped and secured in transport
- Your items are unwrapped and brought into the room of choice in the position of your choice.
- Assisted delivery is:
- The driver will blanket wrap and secure your items during transport.
- You must have a capable person to assist in bringing the item into your home. The service and Vintage Home Boutique Ltd are not responsible for damage that occurs as a result of assisted delivery.
- There are additional fees for:
- Each additional item on the same delivery ($20/ item). A set of dining chairs are considered 1 item
- Assembly ($60/ hr)
- Walk ups beyond the second floor or buildings without elevators - Yes there are still some left!
- We group multiple deliveries for the Ottawa/ Kingston & London/ Windsor markets. As such we reserve the right to reschedule shipments so as to keep the rates low. Direct delivery of your item is also possible
All other cities in Canada:
Shipping is exclusively handled through major shipping carriers from Toronto to your destination. Please note this is door to door service only as all items are crated and pallet shipped. Furniture items have a specially built palletized crate with insulation. This crate is built to the specific size of the items. For added protection your items are insured for the full retail value of your item for the shipment. Please note this is door to door only. You must be able to bring the items into your home.
Allow 7 - 10 business days for building and packing the crate and 7 - 10 days for transport with crate packed shipments.
Contact Us and we can give you a specialized quote for what you desire.
- All deliveries must be scheduled within 7 days of purchase unless previously arranged. For items held longer than 7 days without previous agreement, there is a non-refundable, $150/ week or partial week fee.
- For all deliveries we only connect you with the service provider. The delivery service schedules and is responsible for care and condition of the product once it leaves the store.
- For shipments outside of Canada: Contact Us and we will connect you with our crate packer and shipping service.
- Clients are responsible to ensure all items and pieces are removed from the truck
- Do not sign for the delivery as acceptable if there is an issue with the item or the crate.
- Even if the item is crate shipped you are required to be home to accept the delivery. Wooden crates do not protect valuables from rain!
- Note ANY issues on the service providers form. Do not sign that the delivery was acceptable.
- Claims are to be directed to the delivery service within 24 hours of the item arriving in your home. Failure to do so will likely result in your claim being denied by the service.
- Vintage Home Boutique Ltd. cannot support your delivery claim in any way. We are happy to follow up and speak with the providers on your behalf, however they are 3rd party companies with their own operating polices.
ACCESSORIES: All accessories (excluding mirrors) are shipped using Canpar and are insured for actual retail value.
FURNITURE CARE: All furniture care is shipped via Canada Post. These items are insured for retail value up to $100.
We know these are heirloom pieces and as such have partnered with reliable and trustworthy organizations that offer reasonable rates. All of our delivery and shipping services are fully insured and bonded.