3 Seat Danish Modern Teak Sofa By Illum Wikkelsø For Niels Eilersen
An elegant 3-seater sofa designed by Illum Wikkelsø For Niels Eilersen. Dating to 1960 this sofa epitomizes Wikkelsø's wonderful design style. An organically shaped solid teak frame curves softly to envelope the body perfectly. The solid teak strips along the back are incredibly strong yet designed to support the back perfectly. Able to be placed in the centre of an open concept space, the back of this sofa is as beautiful as the front! The solid teak arms curve and angle perfectly to the body. The entire frame has been carefully cleaned, conditioned and oiled to bring out the beauty of the wood. The sofa was recently reupholstered in a gray and black striped Maharam. So we have retained it. All of the cushions are removable and zippered so the fabric can be taken to a dry cleaner, should you ever need to launder them. The rarity of this sofa is the generous size 3 seater size, which allows almost anyone to lie down in it! Danish Mid-Century Modern sofas are sought after for their size, beauty and comfort.
Additional of note:
- Matching 2 Seat Danish Modern Teak Settee/ Loveseat By Illum Wikkelsø For Niels Eilersen
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In very good condition with minor age appropriate wear on the wood of one arm. Please last picture for details.
- The entire frame has been professionally cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.