Beautiful Mid-Century Modern Oval Teak Extending Dining Table
A simply beautiful Mid-Century Modern oval teak extending dining table. A truly impressive dining table from all viewpoints. This is an early production, solid wood, Mid-Century Modern dining table was designed in Denmark and dates to the early 1960's. Fabulous deep 2 tone colour and craftsmanship throughout, typical of Danish Modern design. The design focuses on a juxtaposition between the lighter teak table top and dark solid African teak, edging, legs and skirting. The star of this show is the spectacular old growth teak grain pattern and colour which extends across the table top, inclusive of both leaves. The generous leaves expands the table from a 6 seater to a 8- 10 person table. The leaves are also a perfect match to the rest of the table top. Solid brass connectors keep the leaves securely in place when inserted. The table is finished with solid African teak skirting and 4 round tapered African teak legs. The shape of the legs and skirting give the table added elegance. The legs easily remove for moving and storage. The oval shape and size makes this table perfect for even the most compact room. While providing ample extra seating when guests arrive. It was a cherished family heirloom for almost 50 years and is rarely available.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- Overall in good condition The table does have a few scratches on the table top. See pictures for details.
- The table opens and closes easily.
- The entire table has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.