Compact Danish Mid-Century Tall Dresser Or Chest
A stunning Compact Danish Mid-Century tall dresser or chest. Attributed to Johannes Andersen and manufactured in the 1950's. These are often called highboy dressers. This dresser features absolutely stunning, thick, teak veneer over a solid beech underlay. The elegant round tall tapered solid teak legs provide a greater sense of openness. Enabling this gorgeous item to fit in even the smallest bedroom. The dresser has 6 solid beech wood drawers each with an oversized solid rosewood handle on each drawer front. The drawer fronts are solid old growth teak. All 6 drawers slide easily and dovetailed. A nailed wood backer board finishes this stunning teak dresser. The combination of a raised profile and crafted handles creates a beautiful streamlined look. The wood is simply gorgeous in both colour and grain pattern. Legs are attached with butterfly nuts and can be removed for transport. finished with a nailed wood backboard. Also called a tallboy dresser, bedroom chest or a chest of drawers. Wonderfully narrow allowing it fit in almost any room. Designed for clothes in a bedroom but like all good design this is variable and could also be used in a hallway or foyer to add stylish storage.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In very good condition with some age appropriate wear on one side. See pictures for details.
- The entire item has been professionally cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.