Compact Danish Modern Oval Teak Extending Dining Table By Soborg Mobler
A simply stunning compact Danish Modern oval teak extending dining table by Soborg Mobler. A truly impressive dining table from all viewpoints. This is an early production, solid wood, Mid-Century Modern dining table was designed by Borge Mogensen and dates to the 1950's. Fabulous deep colour and craftsmanship throughout, typical of Mogensen's work. The star of this show is the spectacular old growth teak grain pattern and colour which extends across the table top, inclusive of the leaf. The generous leaf expands the table from a 6 seater to a generous 8 person table. The leaf is also a perfect match to the rest of the table top. The table is finished with 4 solid white oak legs that are round and tapered. The legs give the table added elegance. The legs easily remove for moving and store age with the butterfly nuts. The oval shape and size makes this table perfect for even the most compact room. While providing extra seating when guests arrive. This table is stamped with the early Soborg stamp. It was a cherished family heirloom and is rarely available.
|Length||53"; 74.5" with leaf|
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In very good condition with some signs of wear to the wood. See pictures for details
- The entire table has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.