Compact Danish Modern Teak 2 Seat Sofa Or Settee
An elegant compact Danish Modern 2 seat sofa or settee. Also called a love-seat. Dating to the 1960's this sofa epitomizes the wonderful design style of the period. An organically shaped solid teak frame curves softly to envelope the body perfectly. The thick solid teak horizontal strips along the back are incredibly beautiful and strong, yet they designed to support the back perfectly! They also enable this settee to be placed in the centre of an open concept space, the back of this sofa is as beautiful as the front! The solid teak arms curve and angle perfectly to the body. This design cue is very similar to Kai Kristiansen's paperknife sofa. The entire frame has been carefully and fully restored to enhance the beauty of the wood. All of the cushions are removable and zippered so the fabric can be taken to a dry cleaner, should you ever need to launder them. The rarity of this settee is the compact size. Which will allow it to fit into even the most compact space yet seat 2 people comfortably. Alternatively use it in a den or bedroom. Danish Mid-Century Modern sofas are sought after for their compact size, beauty and comfort.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The entire frame has been restored but retains the original finish.
- New high grade nylon strapping has replaced the worn out original Pirelli webbing on the underside of the seat cushion.
- New high grade soy based foam with the original vibrant orange Maharam fabric. The fabric has some minor sun fade on the back of the back cushions but is in very good condition otherwise.