Compact Danish Modern Teak Sofa By Illum Wikkelsø For Niels Eilersen
An elegant compact Danish Modern sofa designed by Illum Wikkelsø For Niels Eilersen. Also called a love seat or settee. Dating to 1960 this sofa epitomizes Wikkelsø's wonderful design style. An organically shaped solid teak frame curves softly to envelope the body perfectly. The thick solid teak horizontal strips along the back are incredibly beautiful and strong, yet they designed to support the back perfectly. Able to be placed in the centre of an open concept space, the back of this sofa is as beautiful as the front! The solid teak arms curve and angle perfectly to the body. The entire frame has been carefully and fully restored to enhance the beauty of the wood. The sofa has been recently reupholstered in a gray Maharam. All of the cushions are removable and zippered so the fabric can be taken to a dry cleaner, should you ever need to launder them. The rarity of this settee is the compact size. Which will allow it to fit into even the most compact space. Danish Mid-Century Modern sofas are sought after for their compact size, beauty and comfort.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The entire frame has been cleaned conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- New high grade nylon strapping has replaced the worn out original Pirelli webbing on the underside of the seat cushion.
- Recently upholstered with new foam and soft grey fabric upholstery.