Compact Scandinavian Modern Sofa By Folke Ohlsson For Dux
A rare and exceptional compact Scandinavian Modern sofa by Folke Ohlsson for Dux. Dating from the early 1960's, this is a beautiful oak and black leatherette sofa with brass accents. The style illustrates the beauty and craftsmanship of the period. The carefully crafted lines of the arms and the legs make this a highly desirable Danish Modern design. Solid European white oak with brass fittings on the bolt on sides. The perfect combination between the highly grained oak, brass and black leather is what makes this sofa design so exceptional. The wood is a gorgeous colour with truly stunning grain pattern. Done in a 3 over 3 style with 3 back cushions over 3 seat cushions. This sofa illustrates the craftsmanship of the makers in the joinery and subtle and the organic flow to the design. This organic curvature of the frame is accomplished by incorporating fibreglass into the frame design. Strong, sturdy, yet incredibly comfortable. This is a wonderfully low profile and compact sofa that would be perfect in a living room or den. It would also be exceptional in an elegant waiting room or lobby. Perfect for any space.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- The entire frame has been professionally restored.
- Recently reupholstered. The upholstery fabric is in excellent condition.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.