Danish Mid-Century Teak Armchair By Arne Hovmand-Olsen
A stunning Danish Mid-Century teak armchair by Arne Hovmand-Olsen for Mogens Kold. Manufactured in the 50's this exceptional and rare armchair features an old growth, solid teak frame and the original yellow Maharam fabric upholstery on the seat. This is a spectacular armchair that will last for many, many years beyond the 60 that it has already been around. A beautiful design with brilliant lines and structure. Amazingly comfortable yet overall compact. The curved solid teak backrest is not only beautiful but provides the perfect amount of support. The openness of the design will keep continuity in any room. You will be stunned by the beauty of the wood. It is a wonderful deep rich colour with beautiful variegation. The joinery is exceptional. Slightly higher seat and arms making it perfect for people of all ages. Use this in your living room and have people drool with jealously or keep it to yourself in your den/ office. Due to the compact nature, it would also work as a chair
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize the upholstery
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In very good condition with some minor age appropriate wear on the wood on one arm.
- The original upholstery is in exceptional condition.
- The entire item has been cleaned and oiled, but retains it's original finish.