Danish Mid-Century Teak Dining Chairs By Borge Mogensen
A spectacular set of 3 Danish Mid-Century teak dining chairs by Borge Mogensen for Soborg Mobler. With frames crafted out of solid. sturdy beech wood. The seats and back are made made from steam bent and laminated old growth strips of teak. Providing beauty and sturdiness. Manufactured in Denmark in the 1950's, these chairs have an iconic and beautiful design. Made with an elegant solid old-growth Burmese teak in a stunning, mid-rise frame. The uniqueness of these chairs is the perfectly angled, mid-rise back rest and seat which has been steam bent. Extremely comfortable. The overall design gives the chairs an almost sculptural quality. The proportions make these chairs incredibly comfortable for various body types. The strong yet wonderfully open teak frame creates visual interest yet does not take up too much space. The seats seem to float in place. Open simple design, characteristic of great Mogensen's furniture. These would work amazingly with any table but are spectacular with our Danish Modern Teak Extending Dining Table With Draw Leaves which is currently also available.
Additional of note:
- Priced by chair/ individually. Sold as a set of 3. Please add 3 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- All chairs are in excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- The wood has been professionally restored but retain the original finish.