Danish Mid-Century Teak Round Extending Dining Table By Poul Volther
An exquisite Danish Mid-Century teak round extending dining table by Poul Volther for Soro Stolefabrik. The round, solid wood, top sits securely on 4 solid teak tapered legs. While beautiful to look at, the tapered legs give a greater sense of openness and flow. The legs attach with butterfly nuts which can be hand tightened. Featuring marvellous grain pattern and warm colour throughout the table, it is a great example of early Danish Modern design. Solid teak skirting runs the under the table top. The table has a thin edge top and this contributes to the table seeming more streamlined. The generous table is perfect for a 4 person setting without any leaves; 6 people with 1 leaf; 8-10 with both leaves inserted. The table opens and closes easily. The 2 drop leaves store externally. Single owner for the last 50+ years. A fabulous investment piece for home or equally perfect as an expanding boardroom table.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- 1 leaf is a complete match in colour and grain pattern while the second leaf is lighter as it was not used as much. See pictures for details.
- The entire table has been professionally restored but it retains the original finish.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.