Danish Mid-Century Teak Sculptural Dining Chairs
A spectacular set of 4 Danish Mid-Century teak sculptural dining chairs in solid, gorgeous old-growth teak. Manufactured in Denmark in the 1960's, these chairs have an iconic and beautiful design. Made with an elegant solid old-growth Burmese teak in a stunning open mid-rise frame. The uniqueness of these chairs is the perfectly angled, mid-rise thick solid Burmese teak back rest which has been steam bent. This backrest flows seamlessly down to the rear legs. Giving the chairs an almost sculptural quality. The proportions make these chairs incredibly comfortable for various body types. The upholstery is in wonderful condition. The strong yet wonderfully open teak frame creates visual interest yet does not take up too much space. The seats seem to float in place. Open simple design, characteristic of great Mid-Century Modern furniture. These would work amazingly with any table but are spectacular with our Danish Modern Teak Extending Dining Table With Draw Leaves which is currently also available.
Additional of note:
- Priced by chair/ individually. Sold as a set of 4. Please add 4 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- All chairs are in excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- The frames have been professionally restored but retain the original finish.
- The black leatherette is in excellent condition with one chair having a circular, dime sized imprint.