Danish Modern Oval Teak Dining Table With 2 Leaves By Soro Stolefabrik
A simply stunning early Danish Modern oval teak dining table with 2 leaves. Designed by Poul Volther for Soro Stolefabrik in the mid 1960's, the model 69 table is truly an impressive dining table from all viewpoints. This is an early production, solid wood, Mid-Century Modern dining table. A thick solid teak bullnose edge runs around the entire perimeter of the table and showcases the craftsmanship of the makers. Fabulous teak colour and craftsmanship is evident throughout this table. The star of this show is the spectacular grain pattern which extends across the table top, inclusive of the 2 leaves. The generous leaves store externally and easily can be added to extend the table out from a 6 seater to a 10 person table. One leaf has skirting while the second does not. The table is finished with four solid teak, Wegner style legs. The legs provide a solid and sturdy base, yet they can be easily removed for moving or storage. The table is perfect for daily meals or larger events. The oval shape and extra width in the middle is very convenient for larger gatherings. This was a cherished family heirloom owned by one family since the 60's and due to their careers the entire dining set has moved throughout the world. It would be perfect for a modern home adding some warmth. Alternatively it would also make a spectacular boardroom table.
|Width||57.25"; 77"; 96.75"|
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- In very good condition with minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- Both leaves are a very good match to the table top in terms of grain pattern and colour. Indicating they were inserted for much of the life of the table.
- The entire item has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.