Danish Modern Oval Teak Dining Table With Butterfly Leaf
A simply stunning Danish Modern oval teak dining table with self storing butterfly leaf. Designed and manufactured by Ansager Mobler in the mid 1960's, this is is truly an impressive dining table from all viewpoints. This is a solid wood, Mid-Century Modern dining table. A thick solid teak bullnose edge runs around the entire perimeter of the table and showcases the craftsmanship of the makers. Fabulous lighter teak colour and grain pattern is evident throughout this table. The generous butterfly leaf stores internally and easily be opened by one person to extend the table out from a 6 seater to an 8 - 10 person table. The table top locks together as does the leaf when extended. The table is finished with four solid teak legs. The legs provide a solid and sturdy base, yet they can be easily removed for moving or storage. This dining table is perfect for daily meals or larger events. The oval shape and extra width in the middle is very convenient for larger gatherings. This was a cherished family heirloom owned by one family since the 60's. It would be perfect for a modern home adding some warmth. Alternatively it would also make a spectacular boardroom table.
Additional of note:
- Please call to view as this is in our warehouse.
|Length||61"; 81" with leaf|
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The leaf is a very good match to the table top in terms of grain pattern and colour. Indicating it was exposed for much of the life of the table.
- The entire item has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.