Danish Modern Teak And Oak Dining Chairs With New Upholstery
A spectacular pair of Danish Modern teak and oak dining chairs with new upholstery. Attributed to the Danish greats Askel Bender Madsen and Ejner Larson for Willy Beck, these chairs feature solid, gorgeous old-growth teak and white oak frames. Manufactured in Denmark in the 1960's, these chairs have an iconic and beautiful design. Made with solid old-growth Burmese teak in a stunning open mid-rise frame. The uniqueness of these chairs is the perfectly angled, mid-rise thick upholstered back rest. This backrest flows seamlessly down to the rear legs. Giving the chairs an almost sculptural quality. The proportions make these chairs incredibly comfortable for various body types. Professionally reupholstered in a soft vibrant green Maharam fabric. The wonderfully open teak frame creates visual interest yet does not take up too much space. The seats seem to float in place. Open simple design, characteristic of great Mid-Century Modern furniture. These would work amazingly with any table but are spectacular with our Danish Modern Round Extending Teak pedestal Leg Dining Table which is currently also available.
Additional of note:
- Priced by chair/ individually. Sold as a set of 2. Please add 2 to your cart.
- Looking for 6? Pair these with 4 Danish Modern teak dining chairs with the same upholstery.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- All chairs are in excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- The frames have been professionally restored but retain the original finish.
- Professionally reupholstered in a green Maharam fabric.