Danish Modern Teak Armchair By Grete Jalk For France & Daverkosen
An elegant Danish Modern teak armchair by Grete Jalk for France & Daverkosen. Similar in styling to Jalk's brilliant Model 118 series. This design dates to 1952 with France & Daverkosen. The open back of this armchair is created by the use of sturdy vinyl coated springs and epitomizes Jalk's exceptional design style. An organically shaped solid teak frame curves softly to envelope the body perfectly. The back rest provides ample lumbar support due to the strong, durable springs. Able to be placed in the centre of an open concept space, the back of this chair is as beautiful as the front! The solid teak arms curve outwards and angle perfectly to the body. The entire frame has been carefully cleaned, conditioned and oiled to bring out the beauty of the wood. The brown Maharam cushions have been professionally cleaned and new soy based foam has been professionally inserted to replaced the old foam. The brilliance of this design is the ability to maintain a compact footprint while ensure great comfort.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The entire frame has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.
- New soy based foam has replaced the old foam and the original brown Maharam cushions were professionally cleaned.
- Original vinyl coated springs are in excellent condition.