Danish Modern Teak Coffee Table With Cane Shelf By Johannes Andersen
A spectacular Danish Modern teak coffee table with cane shelf from the 1950's. Featuring a raised lip on the edges of all 3 sides along with incredible grain pattern and colour. This coffee table also has a stunning, a shield shape/ profile with a thick solid teak raised trim down each side and tapering at the end of each side. Tall solid teak tapered legs with stunning brass details. A convenient triangular cane shelf keeps things open but adds some flair and storage. Strong and sturdy but oh so beautiful. Originally purchased in the early 50's and single owner for it's lifetime. Perfect for those weekend mornings spent reading the news with a coffee or evenings crafting with the kids. Designed by Johannes Andersen and manufactured by CF Christiansen. Stamped with the metal Cf Christiansen emblem. A rare piece with exceptional craftsmanship and build quality throughout.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear.
- The entire item has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled but remains with the original finish.