Danish Modern Teak Dining Chairs By Schionning & Elgaard
A beautiful and rare set of Danish Modern teak dining chairs by Schionning & Elgaard for Randers Mobelfabrik. Manufactured in Denmark in the mid 1960's these are stunning Mid-Century Modern teak dining chairs. Featuring an organically shaped, solid teak legs and frame with a unique backrest. The back rest is composed of laminated strips of solid teak which have steam bent in 3 dimensions. Making it not only exceptionally beautiful but also incredibly strong. Beautiful deep rich colour and grain pattern on the entire frame combine nicely with new foam and black leatherette upholstery. Incredibly comfortable and sturdy. The tapered legs and organically curved lines not only enhance the look and profile, but make this design one of the most comfortable dining chairs ever produced. Truly iconic dining chairs of the Mid-Century Modern period. Stamped with designer and manufacturer.
Additional of note:
- 6 available. Priced individually, sold as a set of 6. Please add 6 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- All 6 chairs have had the wood professionally restored. 2 chairs have been professionally glued and 2 chairs have been re-doweled on the backrests.
- Professionally reupholstered using new foam and black leatherette upholstery.