Early Danish Mid-Century Teak Sideboard By Bernhard Pedersen & Son
Sorry, this product is now being loved by someone else
This early Danish Mid-Century teak sideboard by Bernhard Pedersen & Son is an exceptional, heirloom quality item. Also called a credenza, buffet or server. This was purchased from the original owners who had it since the late 1950's and lovingly cared for it. The model 142 in is an extremely rare and elegant piece of Danish design by one of the exceptional Danish manufacturers of the period. Wonderfully long and streamlined with quality of craftsmanship only found in exceptional Danish Modern design. Featuring an exterior covered in absolutely stunning old growth Burmese teak. The 2 easy sliding, tambour doors hide a generous internal storage area. These tambour doors are exceptional in that the individual strips of teak that make up each door are so expertly crafted that the grain runs seamlessly across the front. The doors each have a solid teak handle which runs vertically. When open, the doors reveal a finished teak interior with 3 removable/ adjustable shelves and 3 shallow drawers with finger joinery. All 3 of the drawers are felt lined. The interior of the storage area is also fully finished in teak. Making this piece almost as beautiful inside as it is out! A solid teak edging runs around the entire front and the ends. A truly exceptional addition for any dining room or put it in your living area to house your Flat Screen T.V. This credenza sits atop 4 high, solid teak legs giving it the very sought after “floating” look. An exceptional, classic Danish Modern piece with strong investment value to suit any setting.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In very good condition with some minor age appropriate wear.
- There are 2 faint ring marks on the top. See last picture for details.
- Tambour doors slide easily.
- The entire item has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled, but retains the original finish.