Early Danish Modern Teak Draw Leaf Dining Table By Johannes Andersen
This early Danish Modern teak draw leaf dining table by Johannes Andersen is a gorgeous example of the Danish design master's work. Manufactured in the early 60's by Uldum Mobelfabrik. This table is exceptional for this craftsmanship and the use of solid wood. The table has solid teak legs, skirting and table top. While the leaves are a thick high grade veneer over solid wood. Truly amazing grain pattern and colour from 60 years of life. Just a beautifully designed table with a curved edge right around the table and repeated on both leaves in a mirrored fashion. The curves balance out the straight edges. The two draw or dutch leaves conveniently hide under the table top for a clean presentation when they are retracted. Simply lift the top and slide them out to extend this table to truly generous proportions! You can choose to extend either of the leaves separately or both leaves simultaneously. When the leaves are extended the table top seems to float. Sits 6 comfortably without the leaves, 8 - 10 with 1 leaf extended and 10 - 12 with both leaves extended. Perfect for regular dinners and large family feasts! Stamped. Looking for more information on Johannes Andersen? Check out our Learning Centre!
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION AND RESTORATION REPORT:
- The table is in excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear.
- It has has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.
- The leaves are a good colour match to the table top and slide out easily. They have slightly more pronounced grain pattern.