Kai Kristiansen #42 Dining Chairs
Stunning Kai Kristiansen #42 dining chairs. Also called the "Flap back" or "Z" dining chair. Originally designed in 1956 by Kai Kristiansen and made by V. Schou Andersen in Denmark. The Model 42 chair offers a pivoting backrest which adapts to your seating position, offering an optimum level of comfort. The back legs extend to form the arm rest and back support in a pointed angular style, a unique and stylish side view defines the overall design concept.
Completely restored, the Kai Model 42 chairs have a fabulous angular shape. The solid teak frame starts with the tapered legs. The richly grained teak frame creates adds to the striking form. Carefully cleaned, conditioned and oiled, these chairs are in great condition. The solid teak has no flaws; all joints are sound. Wonderful and rare; these are sought after by all Mid-Century enthusiasts world wide. As with all great design, these Danish Modern chairs are versatile and can easily be used as armchairs in a living room. Brining them to the dining room as head of table chairs with any other Mid-Century dining chair. Also would be perfect for a stylish office or waiting room.
Additional of note:
- Priced individually, sold as pairs. Only 2 left. Please add 2 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
Priced individually and sold as pairs.