Large Carstens Tönnieshof Cobalt Blue Vase
A large Carstens Tönnieshof cobalt blue vase from the 50's. Made in West Germany, this is a true example of "Fat Lava" style in pottery. Fat Lava refers specifically to a type of thick glazes that gives some pottery a lava-like look. The Carstens Tönnieshof factory started in the early 1950s and focused on producing a very high quality product. They quickly became known for their vibrant colours and depth of the glaze. The result being Carstens Tönnieshof became one of the leading producers of Mid-Century Modern German Pottery. This vase is a great example of the beauty of West German pottery. Featuring an unglazed grey band at the top and bottom of the vase. The main body of the vase is a stunning cobalt blue artistry with black to offset. The dark brown interior is also glazed. Stamped on the bottom.
|Width = Depth||8"|
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.