Mid-Century Armchairs By Sonna Rosen for Nassjo Stolfabrik
A gorgeous pair of early Mid-Century armchairs by Sonna Rosen for Nassjo Stolfabrik. Called the Sun Feather Chair, it was designed in 1948. This is an early, stamped version from the 50's. Crafted from solid vibrant beechwood. The design achieves the perfect balance of openness, curves and defined edges. This is an incredibly complex design and engineering feat. Featuring an organically shaped backrest comprised of solid beech spindles that curve in a staircase design. The solid beechwood frame meets the curved armrest to ensure that the backrest is at just the right angle for hours of lounging. Wonderfully compact, these are the perfect chairs for cocktails with friends or curling up with a good book. The cylindrical spindle design, using beech keeps the chair open. Enabling any room to seem larger. Professionally upholstered in a blue Maharam which provides a nice contrast with the frame.
Additional of note:
- Priced individually and as a pair. You save considerably when buying both.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In very good condition with minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The entire item has been cleaned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- New soy based foam and blue Maharam upholstery.