Mid-Century Danish Teak Armchairs Or Carvers
A spectacular pair of Mid-Century Modern Danish teak armchairs or "carvers". Manufactured in Denmark in the late 60's, these chairs have an iconic and beautiful design. The frames are made of solid teak, the uniqueness of these chairs is the curved, organic flowing armrests. This design cue emulates the Danish design master Kai Kristiansen's famous and sought after paper knife sofa and lounge chairs. These dining chairs are incredibly comfortable for various body types. Exceptionally strong and sturdy due to the thick solid teak frames! All have been professionally reupholstered in black leatherette so they will be easy maintenance and go with anything. The strong, thick solid teak frame creates visual interest yet does not take up too much space. Open simple design, characteristic of great Danish Modern furniture. These chairs could be used in a dining room, living room or office. These would work amazingly with almost any table, but are spectacular with our Rare Danish Modern Round Extending Teak Dining Table By Johannes Andersen which is currently also available.
Additional of note:
- Priced by chair/ individually. Sold as pairs. Please add 2 to your cart.
- Add them to our set of 4 Erik Buck for Anderstrup Mobelfabrik teak dining chairs for an elegant set of 6.
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION & RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The wood has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.
- Professionally reupholstered in a black leatherette.