Mid-Century Kai Kristiansen Model 121 Paperknife Armchair
Sorry, this product is now being loved by someone else
Exceptional and truly stunning Mid-Century teak armchairs by Kai Kristiansen for Magnus Olesen from the 60's. The Model 121, commonly called the paperknife, are very rare and incredibly beautiful chairs. The carefully crafted seemingly delicate lines of the arms and the legs make this one of Kristiansen's most beautiful designs. Solid teak with elegant brass fittings and vinyl coated spring seating. The wood is a wonderful dark shade with beautiful grain pattern. The open back has a nice vertical strap detail. Named after the curved arms which are reminiscent of a paper slicer. These chairs truly show off the craftsmanship of the makers with the sweeping lines and exceptional joinery. These are spectacular armchairs that will last for many, many years beyond the 60 that they have already been around. Strong, sturdy, yet incredibly comfortable. Stunning and rare Mid-Century armchairs.
Additional of note:
- PRICE INCLUDES labour for upholstery and high density, soy based, foam. Client to supply fabric.
- Turquoise and oatmeal upholstery is sold out.
- Priced individually and sold as a pair. Please add 2 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- The wood has been cleaned conditioned and oiled but remains with the original finish.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Widest assortment of authentic Mid-Century Modern in the GTA.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.