Mid-Century Modern "Playboy" Armchairs In Walnut By Jen Risom
A truly gorgeous pair of Mid-Century Modern playboy armchairs in stunning American black walnut by Jens Risom for Jens Risom Design. Designed and manufactured in the USA in the late 50's-60's. These chairs get their name from the 1961 Playboy magazine layout featuring Risom with several of the great designers from the period. These Mid-Century armchairs are crafted from solid vibrant black walnut with the perfect balance of curves and straight, defined edges. Featuring an organically sculpted, solid walnut, higher backrest placed at just the right angle for hours of lounging. The supple curves continue on the pointed and flared armrests. The backrest rises from the rear legs and has padding which keeps the chair comfortable while keeping the chair open visually. The solid black walnut frame also makes each of these chairs strong, sturdy and incredibly beautiful. The original off-white linen upholstery make these chairs pop against the black walnut frames. Nicely sized, these are the perfect for any room. Use them as elegant lounge chairs for cocktails with friends or a Netflix binge watching session. They would also be great for a professional office or just as they were intended, as desk chairs.
Additional of note:
Off-white linen not going to work for you? Contact us for an upholstery quote.
- Please note these are priced individually and sold as a pair. Please add 2 to your cart for the pair pricing.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear.
- Both frames have been professionally cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retain the original finish.
- The off-white linen upholstery has been professionally cleaned and is in excellent condition.