Mid-Century Modern Solid African Teak Rocking Chair
A simply stunning Mid-Century Modern solid African teak rocking chair. Crafted in the 1960's, this chair combines great beauty with wonderful comfort. Featuring a hand crafted Afrormosia frame with incredible joinery and stunning grain pattern throughout. The chair rises elegantly from the beautiful, round tapered African teak legs to the seat. The seat is upholstered in the original soft tan and gold Maharam fabric. The padded high rise backrest is also upholstered and angled to provide hours of comfort. The size and design allows you to fit this rocking chair almost anywhere. High back soft upholstered seating and flared armrests for added comfort. The best part is no one will know this is a rocker/ recliner! The seat rests on a secure steel system which allows the chair to rock or recline. This is a spectacular rocker that will last for many, many years beyond the 60+ that it has already been around. Strong, sturdy, yet incredibly comfortable. Perfect for a living room, bedroom or the baby's room!
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- The wood is in excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear. The entire frame has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.
- The upholstery is in excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear.
- The steel rocking mechanism is solid and sturdy with no issues.