Mid-Century Modern Solid Walnut Armchairs By Nightingale
A fabulous pair of Mid-Century Modern solid walnut armchairs by Nightingale. Canadian likely late 60's through the early 70's. Featuring a gorgeous highly grained, solid walnut frame with amazing craftsmanship. Starting with the flared armrests and tapered legs. The upholstered seat and backrest provide wonderful comfort and support. The strong, walnut frame and arms creates visual interest yet does not take up too much space. Open simple design, characteristic of great Mid-Century Modern furniture. A bit higher and slightly more upright than is typical for the period. Absolutely comfortable due to the lumbar support of the backrest. Perfect as head of table chairs in your dining room. Then pull them to the living room when you have additional guests. Alternatively use them as armchairs in a living room, den or bedroom. Due to their compact size they would be perfect in a waiting room or a professional setting. The original black leatherette is in amazing condition.
Additional of note:
- Priced individually. Sold as a pair. Please add 2 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- Both chairs have been professionally taken apart, glued and the dowels replaced, to ensure they will be solid and sturdy.
- The wood was then cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- The original upholstery is in great shape and has been cleaned with Zinolin leather soap and cream.