Mid-Century Modern Teak Pod Armchair By R Huber
Iconic Canadian Mid-Century Modern teak pod or barrel armchair by R Huber & Co. Manufactured in Toronto in the 1970's. These chairs are a wonderful example of great Canadian Mid-Century design. R Huber’s products were manufactured right here in Toronto but the final design was done in various Scandinavian countries. This chair features a stunning solid teak base and trim. The thick solid teak base and trim has exceptional grain pattern and colour. The chair seems to envelope you in an almost "womb like" feeling. Yet the angled armrests provide the perfect spot to drape your arms. The angled nature of the arms adds even more design sophistication. Completely strong and sturdy, due to the solid hardwood frame. Yet the lines and padding make this armchair exceptionally comfortable. This Danish Modern styled lounge chair is also renown among Mid-Century collectors as they are so incredibly beautiful. Just be warned, once you sit in it, you will not want to get up. Professionally reupholstered in a grey velvet mohair. Perfect in a living room or a lounge. Alternatively, put it in a reading nook and keep it to yourself.
Additional of note:
- Also available, matching R Huber pod loveseat and 3 seat sofa (Coming soon). Contact us for details.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION & RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The frame has been professionally cleaned, conditioned and oiled but they retain the original finish.
- Professionally reupholstered in a grey velvet mohair.