Mid-Century Modern Teak Secretary Desk By Borge Mogensen
A rare Mid-Century Modern teak secretary desk by Borge Mogensen. Manufactured in Denmark by Soborg Mobelfabrik in the 50's this is a truly wonderful item that is also highly versatile! Down below are 4 solid birch, generous sized drawers. While the desk top folds down to reveal 2 elegant stationary drawers and more storage. The desk top is extra deep making for a full desk surface. Perfect for life in the city! As with all of Mogensen's work the piece is beautifully design and crafted. The desk door and the four generously sized, solid birch, lower drawers have 2 solid teak handles. The entire piece is solid wood and is covered in a thick, high quality, beautiful old growth teak veneer with spectacular grain pattern and colour. Sitting on a recessed pedestal base makes the piece solid and sturdy. Finished with a nailed, wood backer board. Comes with the original key. Use this in a living room to organize menus and mail. However the nice depth of desk will make you want to work at it daily. With the added benefit that you can hide everything away when you are done. It would also be perfect in a hallway or a bedroom.
33.5" (desk out)
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION & RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with minor age appropriate wear to the wood.
- The entire item has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled, but retains the original finish.
- Comes with the original key