Mid-Century Solid African Teak High Back Lounge Chair By R Huber
A fabulous Mid-Century solid African teak high back lounge chair By R Huber from the mid 60's. As with most of Huber's early assortment, these were designed in Denmark, but manufactured right here in Toronto! Made from Afromosia or African teak, these chairs have the lines, styling and comfort which makes Mid-Century Modern furniture so sought after. The solid Afromosia teak frames are contoured beautifully and show off the stunning grain of this exceptional wood. The wood has a wonderful dark shade with incredible variegation. Today the trade in Afromosia/ African teak is highly limited due to scarcity. Solid and sturdy, this is a spectacular chair that will last for many, many years beyond the 50 that it has already been around. Single owner. The high backrest seems to sit at just the right angle for hours of lounging. Comfortable yet compact, this is the perfect lounge chair for cocktails with friends or curling up with a good book. It would be ideal in your living room or exceptional for an office. The grey/ white upholstery was in exceptional condition. So it has been cleaned and reused. The seat base is a solid oak frame with heavy duty nylon strapping.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition. The entire frame has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- The nylon seat strapping is in excellent condition.
- The previous owner had it reupholstered recently in a soft grey/ white furniture grade fabric with new high grade foam. Different upholstery is available for additional charge.