Mid-Century Teak 3 Seat Sofa With Original Upholstery
An elegant Mid-Century teak 3 seat sofa with stunning original upholstery. Dating to the early 60's this sofa epitomizes the wonderful design style of the period. Featuring an upholstered "3 over 3" design. Where 3 separate back cushions sit over 3 seat cushions. The original upholstery is in exceptional condition and has been retained. All of the cushions are removable and the foam can be taken out so the fabric can be taken to a dry cleaner, should you ever need to launder them. The star of the show is the thick strips of solid teak which wrap each of the arms and compose the legs and base. The wood is exceptional in both colour and grain pattern. Giving this couch an added touch of sophistication. The upholstered back enables this sofa to be placed in the centre of an open concept space. The entire frame has been carefully cleaned, conditioned and oiled to bring out the beauty of the wood. The rarity of this sofa is the generous size. which allows almost anyone to lie down in it! Mid-Century Modern sofas are sought after for their size, beauty and comfort.
Additional of note:
- Matching chair also available. Chair is currently having the under seat strapping replaced and new charcoal cushions being added.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The entire frame has been professionally cleaned conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- The original upholstery was in exceptional condition. It has been professionally cleaned.