Mid-Century Teak And Cane Rocking Chair By Hans Olsen
A simply beautiful Mid-Century teak and cane rocking chair by Hans Olsen for Brdr. Juul Kristiansen. Manufactured in Denmark in the 1950's, this chair combines great beauty and great comfort. Featuring incredible joinery and stunning grain pattern on the solid teak frame. The back is composed of intricate canework. Which is not only beautiful and matches the teak frame well, but also keeps a sense of openness to any room. A newly professionally upholstered headrest and seat cushion has been crafted in a complementary blue Maharam fabric. The size and open design allows you to fit this rocking chair anywhere. High back and flared armrests for added comfort. This is a spectacular rocker that will last for many, many years beyond the 60 that it has already been around. Strong, sturdy, yet incredibly comfortable. Perfect for a living room, bedroom or the baby's room!
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The wood has been cleaned, oiled and conditioned but the finish remains original.
- A new seat cushion and headrest has been professionally upholstered using new soy based foam and blue Maharam upholstery.
- Some strands of cane have been carefully replaced on the back