Mid-Century Teak Armchair By Fredrik Kayser For Vatne Lenestolfabrikk
This gorgeous Mid-Century teak armchair is by Fredrik Kayser for Vatne Lenestolfabrikk. The model 563 armchair is a true Mid-Century Modern classic by one of the period's brilliant design minds. For more on Fredrik Kayser see our learning centre here. Manufactured in Norway in the 60's and stamped. This lounge chair features a highly grained frame crafted from solid vibrant Burmese teak with the perfect balance of curves and straight, defined edges. The backrest seems to sit at just the right angle for hours of lounging. Open and compact, this is the perfect lounge chair for cocktails with friends or curling up with a good book. The backrest and seat are composed of vinyl coated springs. This keeps the back open and exposed, making the chair seem less obtrusive. Mid-rise so as to maintain visual continuity in any space, this chair does not sacrifice build quality or beauty. Easy to disassemble as it is equipped with a clever plug-in system function. The cushions are the original oatmeal fabric.
Additional of note:
- Looking for a footstool/ side table to go with it? Add the Scandinavian Modern Teak Footstool/ Table by Fredrik Kayser and Harry Ostergaard
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition. The entire frame has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- The original vinyl coated springs are in very good condition.
- The original oatmeal upholstery has been professionally cleaned. If oatmeal fabric won't work for you, contact us for an upholstery quote.
- New foam in the seat and back cushion.