Mid-Century Teak Armchair By Sigvard Bernadotte For France And Daverkosen
Truly beautiful Danish Mid-Century teak armchair by Sigvard Bernadotte For France And Daverkosen. Sigvard Bernadotte was a noted industrial designer and this was one of his collaborations with the iconic manufacturing house France and Daverkosen. Manufactured in the 50's, and featuring a solid teak frame with back rest that pivots on brass hinges. You can't help but notice the stunning wood colour and grain pattern throughout the frame. The teak armrests flow seamlessly around the upholstered backrest. The beautiful mid-rise solid teak frame rises upward from legs and then curves to cradle the back perfectly. The padded back provides additional comfort and support. Yet the openness of the back, gives a continuity to any space. Slightly higher than most armchairs of the period, this would be ideal as an armchair in a living room or den or as a desk chair. A truly spectacular example of the brilliance of Danish Modern design and vision. Signed by the designer and stamped with the France and Daverkosen label.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with some minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The entire frame has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- Brand new blue Maharam upholstery and foam.