Mid-Century Teak Armchairs By Fredrik Kayser For Vatne Lenestolfabrikk
A gorgeous pair of Mid-Century teak armchairs by Fredrik Kayser for Vatne Lenestolfabrikk. The model 560 armchair is a true Mid-Century Modern classic from one of the period's brilliant design minds. For more on Fredrik Kayser see our learning centre here. Manufactured in Norway in the 60's and stamped. These lounge chairs feature a highly grained frame crafted from solid vibrant old growth teak with the structural elements being done in solid white oak. These chairs have the perfect balance of curves and straight, defined edges. The backrest seems to sit at just the right angle for hours of lounging. Open and compact, this is the perfect lounge chair for cocktails with friends or curling up with a good book. The backrest and seat rest have vinyl coated springs. This keeps the back open and exposed, making the chair seem less obtrusive. Mid-rise so as to maintain visual continuity in any space, this chair does not sacrifice build quality or beauty. Easy to disassemble as it is equipped with a clever plug-in system function.
Additional of note:
- PRICED BY CHAIR/ INDIVIDUALLY. SOLD AS A PAIR. PLEASE ADD 2 TO YOUR CART.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In wood is in excellent condition. The frames have been professionally restored but retain the original finish.
- The original vinyl coated springs are in excellent condition with no breaks or wear.
- Professionally reupholstered in a blue Maharam fabric with new foam.