Mid-Century Teak Dining Chairs By Niels Koefoed Model Lis
A fantastically designed set of 4 Mid-Century Teak Dining Chairs By Niels Koefoed. The Model Lis was designed by Niels Koefoed for Hornslett Mobelfabrik in the 60's. Featuring beautiful solid teak construction on the frames with a contrasting black leatherette upholstered seating. These teak ladder back dining chairs are wonderfully open yet sturdy and comfortable. Making these chairs true Danish Modern classics. The Koefoeds-Hornslet "Lis" chair is spectacular from all angles. The ladder backs reach skyward, bowing gently toward the centre to cradle the lower back. All the while they are open and maintain clear line of sight in and through a room. These investment quality chairs deserve a place where they will be appreciated and used for wonderful, long dinner parties. Yet you may want to just look at them for the beauty of their design and the grain pattern of the wood. The straight lines are balanced by the gorgeous curved upholstered seat. This is a great dining chair if you want to savour great conversation over a wonderful meal. Dating from the mid 1960's and were purchased from the original owners. Stamped. 50+ years of good meals and ready for another 50 with your family!
Additional of note:
- Priced by chair/ individually, sold as a set of 4. Please add 4 to your cart.
- Looking for 6? Pair these with our Kai Kristiansen #42 as head of table chairs.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- Professionally reupholstered with black leatherette.