Mid-Century Teak Scoop Armchair By R Huber
Iconic Canadian Mid-Century teak scoop armchair by R Huber & Co. Manufactured in Toronto in the 60's. These chairs are a great example of great Canadian Mid-Century design. R Huber’s products were manufactured in Toronto but the design was done in various Scandinavian countries. Also called the "palm" chair it features a stunning solid teak frame with exceptional grain pattern and a truly vibrant colour. The seat seems to float in place and is composed of a fibreglass shell and latex foam. Making these extremely eco-friendly and well ahead of their time. The seat is also button tufted, adding more design sophistication. Completely strong and sturdy, yet exceptionally comfortable. This Danish Modern styled lounge chair is also renown among Mid-Century collectors as they are so incredibly beautiful to look at. Just be warned, once you sit in one, you will not want to get up. Higher back for those looking to be able to sit back while watching TV. Perfect in a living room or a lounge. Alternatively, put it in a reading nook and keep it to yourself.
Additional of note:
- Also available, a single matching ottoman.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION & RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear on the wood. The frames have been carefully cleaned, conditioned and oiled but they retain the original finish.
- The original black leatherette fabric which is also in excellent condition. The fabric has been professionally cleaned and conditioned using Zinolin leather soap and protectant.