Mid-Century Teak Scoop Swivel Armchairs By R Huber
2 rare Canadian Mid-Century teak scoop swivel armchairs by R Huber & Co. Manufactured in Toronto in the late 60's. These chairs are a great example of great Canadian Mid-Century design AND production. R Huber’s products were manufactured in Toronto but the original design was done in various Scandinavian countries. Featuring a stunning teak, 360 degree, swivel base. The seat seems to float in place. The seat is composed of a fibreglass shell and latex foam. Making these extremely eco-friendly and well ahead of their time. The seat curves on the sides adding more comfort and providing an armrest. The button tufting adds more design sophistication. Completely sturdy, yet exceptionally comfortable. This Danish Modern styled lounge chair is also renown among Mid-Century enthusiasts for comfort. However these lounge chairs are also incredibly beautiful to look at. So be warned, once you sit in one, you will not want to get up. Perfect in a living room or a lounge. Alternatively, put it in a reading nook and keep it to yourself.
Additional of note:
- Only high back version available and is being reupholstered in a soft gray eco-friendly fabric.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
CONDITION & RESTORATION REPORT:
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the fabric.
- Low back chair has the original oatmeal fabric which is in very good condition. The fabric has been professionally cleaned.
- The high back chair is being reupholstered in a soft grey eco-friendly Maharam.