Mid-Century Teak Senator Armchairs By Ole Wanscher
A pair of elegant Mid-Century teak armchairs by Ole Wanscher for France and Son. Dating from 1951 the Model 166 or "Senator" chairs are true classics of Danish Modern furniture. An organically shaped, solid old growth teak frame curves softly to envelope the body perfectly. Finishing in the back with a gorgeous open, flat, horizontal, solid teak strap detail. These chairs are equally comfortable in a corner or as the showpiece in the centre of your room. The thick, elegant, solid teak arms flare and angle perfectly to the body in one of Wanscher's most recognized and sought after designs. The entire frame has been carefully sanded and oiled to bring out the beauty of this rare and beautiful wood. The original cushions are original and have exceptionally comfortable, 8-way hand tied springs with horsehair filling and STUNNING, electric blue, removable covers. The removable covers will allow for the fabric to be removed and taken to a dry cleaner, should you ever need to launder them. Danish Modern armchairs are sought after for their compact size, beauty and comfort.
Additional of note:
- Priced by chair/ individually. Sold as a pair. Please add 2 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with minimal wear on the wood.
- The frames have been professionally restored but they retain the original finish.
- Original blue Maharam cushions have been professionally cleaned and contain the original 8-way hand tied springs and horse hair. The cushions are in very good condition.
- The original vinyl coated springs are in excellent condition.