Mid-Century Teak Shield Back Dining Chairs By Arne Hovmand-Olsen
A fantastically designed set of Danish Mid-Century teak shield back dining chairs by Arne Hovmand-Olsen for Mogens Kold. This is an iconic retro 1960's design. This is set is composed of 6 side chairs and 2 of the rare armchairs. Featuring an oval shield-like back which seem like they are floating due to the brass tube fittings which are between the frame and the seat back. The seat backs are made from laminated strips of solid teak which have been steam bent in 3 dimensions. The organic curves and beautiful old-growth teak grain pattern add to the sophistication of the design. The curved backs and seats seem to sit at the perfect angle for ultimate comfort. The armchairs are works of art with the curved solid teak arms that wrap around the back. Each of the chairs has a hidden groove on the back rest for pulling the chair in and out from the table. These chairs were imported from Denmark in the 50's and the only owner had all six chairs upholstered, recently, in a black fabric with grey geometric print.
Additional of note:
- Priced individually. Sold as a set of 8. Please add 6 side chairs AND 2 armchairs to your cart
|Side chair||Total Chair||Seat|
|Arm chair||Total Chair||Seat|
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The frames and backs have been cleaned, conditioned and oiled. The original finish remains.
- The previous owner had all six chairs upholstered, recently, in a black fabric with grey geometric print. As such the fabric and foam are in excellent condition.