Mid-Century Teak Sideboard Model RY-20 By Hans Wegner For Ry Mobler
A rare Mid-Century teak sideboard Model RY-20 by Hans Wegner for Ry Mobler from 1957. The first thing you will notice about this stunning 2 tier credenza is the beautifully crafted cane work on the upper door fronts. The upper doors slide to reveal 2 generous storage areas finished in European white oak. The first storage area has 3 adjustable and removable shelves. While the second storage area has two adjustable/ removable shelves. The shelves are interchangeable so you can customize the storage to meet your needs. This teak high board has 6 solid beech drawers down below. Giving the piece a visually cleaner, streamlined look. Sitting raised up on large solid teak legs gives the piece a real sense of openness for something with so much storage capacity. The sides are brilliantly designed and finished with such an extremely high level of precision and craftsmanship. Finished with a nailed wood backer board. Wonderful scale, proportion and subtle, yet profound, detail makes you understand why Wegner's sideboards are so incredibly sought after. Absolutely stunning teak grain and colour throughout. Stamped with "Made in Denmark", The RY Mobler stamp and the date. A classic Danish Modern credenza with strong investment value to suit any setting.
Additional of note:
- This item is not available for in store pick up or assisted delivery. It will be delivered via our white glove service.
|Height||71.25"||25"||28.5" (includes 10.5" legs)|
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with one minor mark to the wood on the top of the bottom section. See last picture for details.
- The entire piece has been professionally cleaned, conditioned and oiled but remains with the original finish.