Mid-Century Teak Sofa Daybed By Hvidt & Mølgaard-Nielsen With Cane Arms
An elegant 2-seater sofa or daybed designed by Peter Hvidt & Orla Mølgaard-Nielsen for France & Daverkosen. This is the Model 451. Dating to the 50's this sofa bed epitomizes Hvidt & Mølgaard-Nielsen's wonderful design styling. An organically shaped solid teak arms and backrest are perfectly accompanied by brass accents and raffia arms to create a truly stunning masterpiece. The original coiled spring seats and back rest envelope the body perfectly. The wedge shaped back cushions are also designed to support the back perfectly, while being repositions on the fold down arms to become a footrest and headrest. This item was designed to be placed in the centre of a room, as the back of this sofa is as beautiful as the front! The arms are covered with the original cane (raffia grass) and can be folded down quickly to create a cozy sofa bed/ daybed. The entire frame has been carefully sanded and oiled to bring out the beauty of the wood. While new soft green Kvadrat fabric complements the wood tone and adds more sophistication. The cushions are all removable and fabric can be removed and taken to a dry cleaner, should you ever need to launder them. Danish Mid-Century Modern sofas are sought after for their compact size, beauty and comfort.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In very good condition with minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The entire frame has been cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- Cane on the arms is original and in exceptional condition.
- New green Kvadrat fabric upholstery on both seat and back cushions.