Model 121 Round Teak Extending Dining Table By Soborg Mobler
A simply stunning Model 121 round teak extending dining table by Soborg Mobler. Designed by the Danish great Borge Mogensen, this is a truly impressive dining table from all viewpoints. This is an early production, solid wood, Mid-Century Modern dining table that dates to the 1950's. Fabulous colour and craftsmanship throughout, typical of Mogensen's exceptional design work. The star of this show is the spectacular old growth teak grain pattern and colour which extends across the table top, inclusive of the leaf. The generous leaf expands the table from a 4 seater to a 6 - 8 person table. The table is finished with 4 round tapered, solid oak, legs. The legs give the table added elegance and can easily remove for moving and storage as they are conveniently attached with butterfly nuts. The shape and size makes this table perfect for even the most compact room. While providing extra seating and the ability to serve down the centre, when guests arrive. This table is stamped with the Soborg stamp. It was a cherished family heirloom and will make a wonderful additional to any home.
Additional of note:
- Shown with our Korup Stolefabrik bow tie ladder back chairs in African teak which are also available separately.
|Length||47"; 70.5" with leaf|
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- The wood is in very good condition with minor age appropriate wear. The entire item has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.
- The leaf is darker than the table top due to lack of use. Our experience is that if kept in the table, it will lighten over time.