Model 31 Dining Chairs By Kai Kristiansen For Schou Andersen Mobelfabrik
Stunning Model 31 dining chairs by Kai Kristiansen for Schou Andersen Mobelfabrik. These 1950's dining chairs are by a master of Danish Modern design. The design for these solid teak dining chairs dates from 1956 and these were manufactured by Schou Andersen Møbelfabrik. All 6 are in the original, classic, black leatherette. The distinctly minimalist design of the A framed shape is highlighted by the unique angled elements that join the curved backrest to the rest of the frame. The deeply curved and padded backrest provides ample ergonomic comfort. While the “A frame” meeting point of the leg and backrest acts as an armrest without taking up the space. This design cue also makes the frame extremely sturdy. These are the perfect chair if you want to savour great conversation with family and friends over a wonderful meal. The curves of the design are balanced by the straight lines. The round tapered solid teak legs rise elegantly to the seat. The back legs flare inward slightly and are reminiscent of Kristiansen's #42 chairs. The teak is gorgeous and is balanced perfectly by the original black upholstery. These chairs would be a wonderful addition to any home or or even a stylish office setting.
Additional of note:
- PRICED BY CHAIR/ individually; sold as a set of 6. Please add 6 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear on the wood.
- The fabric and foam on all chairs is in very good condition with minor age appropriate wear. The leatherette has been professionally cleaned and conditioned using high quality Nordicare leather products.