Norwegian Mid-Century Teak Shelving Unit by Torbjørn Afdal
This Norwegian Mid-Century teak shelving unit is the perfect modular storage option. The vertical structure is composed of solid Burmese teak rails. These upright pieces mount directly to your wall. The shelves sit anywhere you desire. The 6 shelves are also solid Burmese teak. All items are modular and can be positioned to your changing needs. The brackets are solid brass, adding more sophistication to this incredibly elegant, yet open wall unit. There is even adjustable brass uprights to keep your vinyl collection look pristine!
Wonderfully narrow so as to not be overwhelm your room. Each unit provides an incredible amount of storage, while maintaining a sense of openness in your room. The shelves vary in depth from a deep 16" shelf. A mid range 12" shelf and a narrow 8" shelf. All shelves and uprights are solid teak. Made in Norway by Ringerike Møbel- og Trevarefabrikk and designed by Torbjørn Afdal & Rolf Hesland in the late 50's. Use it in your office as a bookcase. Hang your TV in the open space and it would be a stunning media cabinet.
Additional of note/ includes:
- One 16" shelf with lip
- Three 12" shelves (2 designed to store LP's)
- One 8" shelf
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The entire item has been cleaned and oiled, but retains the original finish.