Pair of Bwana Chairs By Finn Juhl in Original Black Leather
A rare pair of Bwana chairs by Finn Juhl for France and Son. Designed in 1962 the 'Bwana' lounge chair, was constructed from solid teak and leather. It was originally intended as an update to Juhl's vaunted "Chieftain" chair. Like the Chieftain, the Bwana also features exquisite wood details and unmatched joinery. This is illustrated in the carved teak, section at the headrest which supports the top of the back, and the solid teak circular "pommel" hand-rests. The "Bwana" chair, just as other designs by Juhl, is influenced by African art and European modernist sculpture. Crafted from solid teak the chair flows beautifully and is incredibly comfortable. Single owners who treated these as cherished heirlooms. They were Danish furniture dealers in South Africa and brought these with them when they immigrated to Canada in the 70's. The chair features the original black leather upholstery with beautiful patina.
Additional of note:
- Priced and sold individually and as a pair. Note you save significantly when buying both.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The entire item has been cleaned and oiled but remains with the original finish.
- The leather is in very good condition. It has been cleaned and conditioned and exhibits beautiful natural patination which we adore.
Priced individually and sold individually or as a pair. You save when buying both.
- 100% secure payments via Shopify.
- Delivery across Canada.
- 7-day returns on full price, non-custom items.