Pair Of Mid-Century Modern Solid Teak Lounge Chairs
A gorgeous pair of Mid-Century solid teak lounge chairs. These armchairs are true Danish Modern classics and attributed to Ole Wanscher. Manufactured in Denmark in the early 60's, these lounge chairs feature a highly grained frame crafted from solid vibrant old growth Burmese teak. The design manages the perfect balance of curves and with straight, defined edges which was a hall mark of Wanscher's later work. The backrest seems to sit at just the right angle for hours of lounging. Open and compact, these are the perfect lounge chairs for cocktails with friends or curling up with a good book. The seat base is a solid oak frame with heavy duty nylon strapping. The solid teak strips run vertically down the backrest and keeps the back open and exposed, making the chair seem less obtrusive. Mid-rise so as to maintain visual continuity in any space, this chair does not sacrifice build quality or beauty. Professionally reupholstered with a soft taupe with hints of grey Maharam back and seat cushion.
Additional of note:
- Priced individually and sold as a pair. Please add 2 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition. The entire frame has been professionally cleaned, conditioned and oiled but retains the original finish.
- Brand new high grade nylon seat strapping.
- Professionally reupholstered with a soft taupe with hints of grey Maharam back and seat cushion.