Pair Of Mid-Century Solid Teak Lounge Chairs By Imperial
A gorgeous pair of Mid-Century solid African teak lounge chairs by Imperial. These armchairs are true Canadian Mid-Century Modern classics by one of our brilliant manufacturers. Manufactured in Stratford, Ontario in the late 50's/ early 60's. These lounge chairs feature a highly grained frame crafted from solid vibrant Afrormosia or African teak with the perfect balance of curves and straight, defined edges. Afroromosia has such deep variegation and incredible depth of colour. Designed by Dutch great, Jan Kuypers. The backrest seems to sit at just the right angle for hours of lounging. Open and compact, these are the perfect lounge chairs for cocktails with friends or curling up with a good book. The seat base is a solid beech wood frame with high grade nylon strapping. The solid African teak strips run horizontally in backrest, keeping the back open and exposed; making the chair seem less obtrusive. Mid-rise so as to maintain visual continuity in any space, this chair does not sacrifice build quality or beauty. Professionally reupholstered in a soft grey Maharam seat & back cushion
Additional of note:
- Priced per chair/ individually and sold as a pair. Please add 2 to your cart.
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- The wood is in excellent condition. The entire frame has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.
- The high grade nylon seat strapping is in very good condition.
- Professionally reupholstered in a gray Maharam.