Rare Mid-Century Teak Chairs By Arne Hovmand-Olsen For Mogens Kold
Stunning, rare Mid-Century teak chairs by Arne Hovmand-Olsen for Mogens Kold. These Danish Mid-Century teak chairs were manufactured in the 50's and feature an old growth solid teak frames and the original black leather upholstery on the seat and backrest. These are truly spectacular chair that will last for many, many years beyond the 60 that they have already been around. A beautiful design with brilliant lines and structure. Amazingly comfortable yet overall compact. The curved solid teak, "O" shaped backrest is not only unique and beautiful but provides the perfect amount of support to the back. It angels at just the right angle to allow for comfort. The openness of the design will keep continuity in any room. You will be stunned by the beauty of the wood. It is a wonderful deep rich colour with beautiful variegation. The joinery is exceptional. Slightly higher seat and arms making it perfect for people of all ages. Use these in your living room and have people drool with jealously or keep it to yourself in your den/ office. Due to the compact nature, these would also work as a head of table chairs at a dining table.
Additional of note:
- Priced by chair/ individually. Sold as pairs. Please add 2 or 4 to your cart
- With questions or to obtain a quote to customize the upholstery
- If it is sold, and you just wish to be notified if we find another like it.
- If you require additional specific photos.
- In excellent condition with some extremely minor age appropriate wear to the wood. The wood has been professionally restored but retains the original finish.
- The black leather has been professionally cleaned and conditioned using high quality Zinolin leather products. It is in very good condition.